I get requested lots approximately how you figure with Laravel. So on this tutorial, I will stroll thru my standard method to constructing a Laravel application. We will create an API due to the fact it's far some thing I love doing.
How to I develop applications with Laravel:The API we're constructing is a fundamental to-do fashion application, wherein we will upload duties and pass them among to do and done. I am deciding on the sort of easy instance due to the fact I would really like you to cognizance at the manner greater than the implementation itself. So allow us to get started.
First, download the Laravel installer using Composer.
For me, it constantly starts with a easy command:
For this, I could usually pick out Livewire, as I am maximum cushy with it. If I am honest - this software's internet capability can be only for person control and API token creation. However, experience unfastened to apply Inertia in case you are greater cushy and need to comply with along. Once this command has run and the whole thing is installation and prepared for me, I open this mission in PHP Storm. PHP Storm is my go-to IDE because it offers a strong set of gear for PHP improvement that assist me with my workflow. Once that is in my IDE, I can begin the paintings process.
The first step for me in each new software is to open the README document and begin documenting what I need to achieve. This includes:
- A well-known description of what I need to build.
- Any information fashions that I understand I will want
- A tough layout of the API endpoints I will want to create.
- Let's discover the information fashions that I want to create first. I usually record those as YAML code blocks, because it permits me to explain the version in a pleasant and clean way. The Task Model can be distinctly straightforward:
- Laravel Sail
- Laravel Pint
- JSON-API Resources
- Laravel Query Builder
- Fast Paginate
- Data Object Tools
Local Development Environment:In the past, configuring a local PHP development environment on your machine was a headache. Installing the proper version of PHP, required extensions, and other needed components is time consuming and confusing. Instead, consider using Laravel Homestead. Homestead is a simple virtual machine designed for Laravel and Vagrant. Since the Homestead Vagrant box is pre-packaged with all of the software you need to build robust PHP applications, you can create a virtualized, isolated development environment in seconds. Here is a list of some of the goodies included with Homestead:
- PHP 5.6
declare(strict_types=1);to each file.
- Making all generated class
- Ensure that response types are always there.
- Ensure that parameters are type hinted.
- Ensure that any Traits are loaded one per use case.
- Text content
- Cashable properties
- Foreign Keys
- Workflow; anything to do with tasks and units of work.
- Taxonomy; anything to do with categorization.