Windows 11 KB5017328 has been released for the general public with a couple of nifty improvements, but there are no major changes. KB5017328 offline installers are available for download on Microsoft Update Catalog, but you can always download the update from Windows Update.
Download Links for Windows 11 KB5017328
Windows 11 KB5017328 (Build 22000.978) important changelogMicrosoft has fixed a critical issue affecting Microsoft accounts (MSA). A bug in Windows 11 prevented users from accessing the desktop as the web dialog that you use to sign in or sign out might not appear. Windows 11 Build 22000.978 also fixes an issue where the printer might not fail or malfunction due to compatibility problems with USB printing that might cause. This issue was reported when users rebooted or reinstalled the driver. A bug has been fixed where Windows 11 SE won’t trust some Microsoft Store apps. This bug prevents users from downloading the untrusted app. Likewise, Microsoft says it fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio headsets would stop playing after a progress bar adjustment.
Here’s a list of all important bug fixes in Windows 11 Build 22000.978:
- Microsoft is giving IT admins the ability to add additional languages and language-related features remotely. Admins can also manage language scenarios across several endpoint managers.
- Fixed an issue where ServerAssignedConfigurations may be reported as null in a few full configuration scenarios.
- Fixed an issue that affects the automatic high dynamic range Auto HDR feature on certain GPU systems.
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge could stop responding when you use IE mode.
- Fixed an issue that prevents virtualized App-V Office apps from opening.
- Fixed an issue where the deployment of the Windows Hello for Business could fail when you reset the system under certain circumstances.
- Microsoft fixed several issues related to USB printing: A bug where the printer stops working after you restart or reinstall it, driver issues, and communication issues preventing you from accessing device features.
- Fixed BitLocker performance issues.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Hypervisors Code Integrity from getting enabled automatically.
- Fixed an issue where non-Windows devices couldn’t authenticate using a smart card.
- Fixed an issue that causes the Resultant Set of Policy tool to stop working.